PRINCE GEORGE – Prince George organizations will benefit from $282,260 thanks to the B.C. government’s Community Gaming Grant program.
Organizations receiving grants:
- Prince George Symphony Orchestra Society – $58,000
- Prince George Folkfest Society – $15,000
- Community Arts Council of Prince George and District – $11,000
- Bel Canto Choirs Association – $10,000
- Prince George Cantata Singers- $6,500
- Prince George Community Band – $2,000
- Prince George Youth Baseball Association – $18,480
- Northern B.C. Centre for Skating Association – $51,000
- Prince George Minor Football Association – $31,190
- Prince George Pisces Summer Swim Club – $20,000
- Prince George Minor Lacrosse Association – $17,920
- Prince George Ski Club – $15,750
- Boxing B.C. Association – $11,500
- Prince George Track and Field Club – $9,000
- Spruce City Minor Boys Softball Association – $5,340
“We have various sports, arts and cultural programs here in Prince George that offer our families the chance to participate in lots of fun activities. They can get active through sport, listen to some great music, and be part of the arts community,” Prince George-Mackenzie MLA Mike Morris said. “I encourage our residents to get involved.”
“We know that organizations in our community rely on grants like this to support the good work they are doing,” Prince George-Valemount MLA Shirley Bond said. “We’re very lucky to have so many high quality programs that promote involvement in sports, arts and cultural activities. These options simply would not be available without the hard work of countless volunteers and staff.”
These grants are awarded under the Sport and Arts & Culture categories of the Community Gaming Grant program, which allows non-profit organizations to apply for provincial gaming revenues from the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development. Gaming grants are also awarded in the categories of Public Safety, Environment and Human and Social Services.
Organizations interested in applying for Community Gaming Grants can find information and applications at gaming.gov.bc.ca/grants/.